The PineTab-V is PINE64's first RISC-V tablet. It is based on the JH7110 64-bit RISC-V SoC. The packaging is very similar to ARM-based PineTab2.
In late 2022, PINE64 announced plans to help grow the RISC-V hardware ecosystem alongside the existing ARM-based device line-up. The PineTab-V is an experimental device, which ships without an OS and without any promises. The JH7110 RISC-V SoC, and the RISC-V architecture in more general, is currently best described as having limited Linux support. You can think of it as a convenient development platform targeted at those of you interested in bringing Linux support to JH7110 and, by extension, the entire RISC-V ecosystem.
State of the software
The PineTab-V is an experimental device and lacks dedicated working software – it should therefore only be purchased by people interested in helping with the bring-up process of Linux and BSDs on the RISC-V architecture.
The PineTab-V is shipped without an operating system pre-installed.
There are currently no releases.
There are currently two variants of the PineTab-V:
- PineTab-V – 4GB RAM and 64GB eMMC storage
- PineTab-V – 8GB RAM and 128GB eMMC storage
- Dimensions: 242mm x 161mm x 9mm
- Weight: 520 grams (without keyboard), 990 grams (includes keyboard)
- Build: Metal and Plastic
- Color: Matte Black
- Type: HD IPS capacitive touchscreen, 16.7M colors
- Size: 10.1 inches
- Resolution: 1280×800 pixels, 16:10 ratio
- Chipset: StarFive JH7110
- CPU: 64-bit Quad-core 1.5 GHz SiFive U74 RISC-V
- GPU: Imagination Technology BXE-4-32
- Internal Flash Memory: 64GB (variant 1) or 128GB (variant 2) eMMC module
- System Memory: 4GB (variant 1) or 8GB (variant 2) LPDDR4 SDRAM
- Expansion: micro SD Card support SDHC and SDXC, up to 2TB
- Main Camera: Single 5MP, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: Single 2MP
- Loudspeaker: Yes, stereo
- 3.5mm jack with mic: Yes, stereo
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 ax/ac/b/g/n, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP
- USB port: 1x USB 3.0 port (front side 3.0, rear side 2.0), 1x USB Type-C 2.0 port (also use as charging and debug port)
- USB 2.0 docking port
- HD Video out
- Removable Li-Po 6000mAh battery
- Charging: 15W – 5V 3A
Schematics and certifications
PineTab-V mainboard schematic:
- PINE64: Introduction of the PineTab-V, March Update: Tablet Bonanza!
- PINE64: Launch of the PineTab-V PineTab-V and PineTab2 launch