Pinecil Cases, Stands, Supplies
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The article contains information about cases, holders/stands, 3D-models, and supplies for the Pinecil soldering iron. This is a small set of examples based on the many questions asked every week in the live pinecil chat channel. There may be better althernatives depending on your part of the world, but this gives an idea of some possible options.
Cases and bags
- EVA Shockproof Case
- Zippered Case
- Aluminum hard case w/foam (check size before ordering if multiple listed).
- Aluminum poker case w/foam
- Soft Bag Molle IFAK/EDC: look for bags that can fully open like a sandwich when unzipped which allows tools to be easily seen and retrieved. Bags that only partially unzip make it harder to find tools without dumping out the whole bag.
Holders and stands
- Noah Metal Stand with Brass wool
- YiHua X-4 Stand with Tip Holder, Brass Wool & hard rosin inside for tip cleaning
- Yihua X-2 Stand on Amazon
- Yihua X-2 Stand on Aliexpress, and alternate X-2 Stand
- Hakko FH300-81
- Pine Store Portable Mini Stand
- Pinecil handle shell by JeKo1987
- Pinecil compact case by operator7g
- Pinecil flip case by ithan
- Multipart Pinecil Case by Pjotrke
- Thingiverse search for 'Pinecil'
- Reuse the clear plastic box that comes with the clear handle.
- T12 tip adapter for outside tip holding
- T12 tip adaptor to protect the internal Mosfet in Pinecil.
- 3D models of Pinecil by kohkoh
- Brass w/Rosin - Brass Wool with hard rosin in the bottom for tip cleaning. Twirl the tip in the brass wool often during soldering to keep the tip clean. Lower the temperature and dip lower into the hard rosin when you need a deeper cleaning.
- Tip Refresher/tinner: Mechanic MCN-20 lead-solder version, or the Lead-free version (use when the tip is very dirty and solder is not sticking to it).
- ESD Tweezers with case, budget set.
- Weller Lead-Free Solder, 3 pack: variety of sizes for portable kits & sampling three common useful sizes (0.3,0.5,0.8).
- Flux NC-559-V3 from amtechdirect comes in a paste or syringe. There is a lot of fake Amtech online. Amtech is made in the USA and sold by 2 different companies. Avoid one from Aliexpress, many reports of flux that simply does not work and appears to be fake mixtures.
- Flux Relife RL-422-IM Halogen-free, low cost alternative.
- Solder Wick, variety pack: helps remove solder. Works best to first add a lot of flux to the area and solder wick for the best removal of solder.
- Solder: depending on work being done different sizes might be needed, for example, 0.3mm for small work, 0.5mm for pins, and larger 0.8mm+ for thicker wires. One could make due with smaller solder by folding a piece in half and twisting it to make it thicker. See the video below comparing solders to help choose.
Videos comparing flux and solder brands to help decide (includes links to items).
Go back to Pinecil article
Go back to Pinecil article.