- 1 InfiniTime
- 2 Read this first!
- 3 Known issues
- 4 Releases
InfiniTime (also known as JF's project, FreeRTOS firmware or Pinetime-JF) is an open source (GPLv3) firmware written in C++ and based on FreeRTOS, LVGL and NimBLE. This firmware (version 0.7.1) is preloaded at the factory since the new batch of PineTime devkits and sealed PineTimes of end of September 2020.
Read this first!
- PineTime is still considered as a development device. InfiniTime and the bootloader are still in heavy development, and some features might not work as expected.
- OTA is a critical feature which is still considered as risky on sealed devices. There is no known way to recover a sealed device from a failed OTA upgrade.
- There is currently no way to upgrade the bootloader on a sealed device.
- Do not use a sealed PineTime as a development device, there is a lot of chances that you'll brick it.
|Warning:||Please read this section carefully before upgrading the firmware on your PineTime, especially if you are using a sealed device!|
Black screen after a reset in sleep mode
This issue occurs if you are using the original bootloader (from InfiniTime 0.7.1), upgraded from InfiniTime 0.7.1 to 0.8.2 and the watch resets while the display is OFF : the watch is stuck on a black screen and does not respond to touch, button press or BLE.
The reset can be triggered by the watchdog or manually by long pressing the button.
This issue is caused by InfiniTime 0.8.2 that put the external SPI flash memory to sleep before switching the display off and by the bootloader that cannot wake the memory chip up. The bootloader is stuck in an infinite loop.
On a development kit, a simple reset via SWD is needed to unlock the bootloader.
On a sealed device, the only way to work around this issue is to wait for the battery to drain completely before trying again.
This issue can be avoided by ensuring that the display is ON when manually resetting the device (long push on the button).
This issues is fixed in InfiniTime 0.8.3
This is the version that ships with PineTime devkits and sealed PineTime as of September 2020.
- Time synchronization over BLE
- Display brightness setting
- Notifications over BLE
- Integration with AmazFish (SailFishOS) and Gadgetbridge (Android)
- OTA using NRFConnect
- Music control app
- Paint app
- Manual image validation after OTA
This new version of the bootloader fixes #Black_screen_after_a_reset_in_sleep_mode and enables the watchdog before launching the firmware.
- Fixes the "bootloader stuck after a reset" mentioned in 0.8.2 above
- Touch panel fixed (no more freezing)
- Improved music application (possibility to control both volumes and browsing, display the song progression)
- Notification UI rewritten: can now display up to 100 characters
- Improved BLE connectivity
- 2 new games: Pong and 2048
- Fixed display glitches and improved needed time to turn on the display
- Heart-rate sensor application:
* Displays the current value, and when running, this value is also displayed on the clock face * Value exposed over BLE, meaning other applications can read it (e.g. companion app such as Amazfish)
- Navigation app: InfiNav - works e.g. with PureMaps on SailfishOS
- Improved BLE connection
- OTA updates much more reliable
- Call notification: it is possible to accept/ignore/reject a call from the PineTime
- Music app got nicer icons
- BLE connectivity improved a bit more
- LVGL 7
- Bugfixes to the build process