|(11 intermediate revisions by 5 users not shown)|
Redundant template subpages ==
Could you , please, delete two redundant template subpages, [[Template:TOC right/doc]] and [[Template:TOC right/styles.css]]? My intention was to separate the CSS code and documentation, as it's the case on Wikipedia, but that ended up as requiring too much work. The "all-in-one, no documentation" version of the [[Template:TOC right|TOC right]] template should be good for now.
you to the of the .
Any help would be appreciated. -- [[User: Dsimic| Dsimic]] ([[User talk: Dsimic|talk]]) 04: 08, 8 April 2021 (UTC)
would . --[[User:|]] ([[User talk:|talk]]) :, 2021 (UTC)
Can you please explain why you keep removing my additions to PinePhone_Carrier_Support -- Mike 02:22:09 29 April 2021 (UTC)
- You keep adding your provider in the wrong section. You want to add it in the section "Tested and working" but you keep adding it to the section "Does not work / special notes". Regards --Fxc (talk) 12:13, 29 April 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you! I added it to PinePhone_Carrier_Support#North_America -- Mike 17:09:09 29 April 2021 (UTC)
Discussion on what to do with the Rock64 page
Hi, I'm asking you about this since you seem to be one of the more active contributors of the wiki.
I recently noticed that there are two ROCK64 pages, one is ROCK64, the other is Rock64. They seem to duplicate a lot of information, and the latter appears to contain a large list of links already covered in the software releases page.
What should be done about this? Should we delete Rock64 and make it a redirect? --CounterPillow (talk) 19:20, 13 May 2021 (UTC)
- For now I've decided to make it a redirect, upon seeing that the user who created it also created other pages which were just carbon copies of the respective actual pages at the time. Maybe some spam thing? --CounterPillow (talk) 06:24, 14 May 2021 (UTC)
- Yup, I would have recommended a redirect too. The SBC articles and especially their naming is quite chaotic so (radically) cleaning up the wiki and finding a better structure between different articles is something which has to be done sooner or later anyway. --Fxc (talk) 12:38, 14 May 2021 (UTC)
Re: Your edits in PinePhone
Good day, Fxc! Thank you very much for your help in moving my recent edits to their more suitable places: this stuff took me plenty of time to figure out & test, and hopefully our work could be valuable to the fellow PinePhone users.
Unfortunately, I noticed that "IMEI check and change" has been reverted for the reason "Illegal wiki contents removed". Please tell, "illegal" - in what country? I.e. PINE64 is a Hong Kong company, while a Pine64 wiki website is hosted in Slovakia, - and I can't any info that changing IMEI in either Hong Kong or Slovakia is illegal, or at least posting the "how-to" information about this. And what isn't forbidden - is allowed. For the majority of countries (not taking some totalitarian ones into account), changing IMEI is as legal as changing the MAC address which has been allowed to stay.
Since a "pinephone change imei" seems to be a popular Google request (it's even more popular than "pinephone change os"), I'd like to preserve this information for the public usage. If, to be able to do that, I need to re-word/extend the warning about the possible legal issues (something like "please check the laws of your country before doing that") - please let me know.
At the same time I understand this advanced information is probably not suitable for the main PinePhone page. Please tell what's the more appropriate place in your opinion - PineModems, PinePhone_Software_Tweaks or PinePhone_FAQ#Modem ?
- Please don't re-add information regarding the IMEI on the wiki. Regarding software information: there is currently no place for it, PinePhone Software Tweaks was a quick idea - if you have other ideas feel free! The PineModems article is more on the hardware side of different modems and in the FAQ it would probably fit but that article isn't read very often. --Fxc (talk) 21:46, 23 August 2021 (UTC)