PineTime SD MCUBoot
- PineTime ships with the MCUBoot Bootloader which boots to the InfiniTime Firmware
- This assumes that the firmware (InfiniTime, Mynewt, Zephyr, ...) has its own Bluetooth LE (BLE) stack and can handle firmware updates (DFU)
- But some firmware (wasp-os, ATCwatch) require Nordic SoftDevice to be installed to support the BLE and DFU functions
- InfiniTime Firmware does not support flashing of SoftDevice as firmware update, because SoftDevice needs to be flashed at address 0x0, which is used by the MCUBoot Bootloader
- How do we allow SoftDevice-based firmware to be flashed to PineTime via DFU?
- SoftDevice Loader, https://github.com/daniel-thompson/wasp-reloader