The PinePhone v1.2a is a hardware revision of the PinePhone that started shipping in Q3 2020.
This page contains information and resources which are specific to the v1.2a revision of the PinePhone. For other revisions or for resources related to all PinePhone revisions, see PinePhone#Hardware Revisions.
- Hardware schematic v1.2a (2020-06-08, for Community Edition: postmarketOS)
Changes from v1.2
- A thermal pad was added to the SoC, and a internal thermal foil was added which covers the metal shielding and thermal pad on the motherboard and is in direct contact with the LCD backplane.
- Fixed a rectangular dead spot of the touchscreen under the speaker grill
- Added thermal foil to back cover
- Antenna changes
- USB-C CC fix for video out and OTG functionality
The backlight issue of v1.2 is still present, see PinePhone v1.2#Backlight. There is also another backlight issue, where the brightness is lower when connecting a VBUS powered device, https://xnux.eu/log/#022.