- PineCone BL-602 EVB (Evaluation Board):
- CPU: 32-bit RV32IMAFC RISC-V “SiFive E24 Core”
- 128KB ROM
- 276KB SRAM
- 1Kb eFuse
- 2MB Embedded Flash
- Secure boot
- Secure debug
- AES 128/192/256
- TRNG (True Random Number Generator)
- PKA (Public Key Accelerator)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth® Low Energy 5.0
- Wi-Fi Fast connection with BLE assistance
- Wi-Fi and BLE coexistence
- Wi-Fi Security WPS/WEP/WPA/WPA2/WPA3
- STA, SoftAP and sniffer modes
- Multi-Cloud connectivity
- 2.4 GHz RF transceiver
- Integrated RF balun, PA/LNA
- Package Type:
- 32 pin QFN 4mm x 4mm
- JTAG support (See below for BL602 impact)
- BL602 multiplexes four GPIO pins to provide the familiar JTAG lines
|GPIO Pin||JTAG Pin|
The chip boots with these lines in JTAG mode.
PineCone BL602 EVB information and schematics
- Approximate dimensions: 26mm x 43mm
- Board layout:
- PineCone BL602 EVB schematic ver 1.1
- Note: Current schematic, cc1 and cc2 share one 5.1KOhm resistor. Next schematic design will separate out the cc1 and cc2 has it own 5.1KOhm resistors
- The board uses a CH340 Serial/USB adapter. This chip is commonly used in Arduino-class development boards. It is a full speed (12Mbps) USB interface and has vendor ID 0x1a86 with product ID 0x7523.
- The GPIO pins (11, 12, 14, 17) plus the nearby RESET, POWER, and GND pins are all located on one side of the board, on J1 to provide JTAG connection.
Datasheets for components and peripherals
- Bouffalo BL-602 SoC information:
- USB/Serial adapter:
Planned to be available in at least three form factors:
- NUT-01S -> ESP-01S
- NUT-12S -> ESP-12S
- NUT-15 -> RTL8723/AMPAK
To load code, you must move the jumper to the edge closest to the board, press reset, load the code, move the jumper back toward the center of the board, and press reset again.
There are currently a number of loaders in progress, each with differing degrees of completeness and success on various operating systems.
- In the build tree, there is BLFlashCube for Windows and a flash_build for Linux, neither with source.
- bl60x-flash is in Python and has been reported successful on MacOS catalina (10.15.6) by Punnerud and madushan1000.
- BLOpenFlasher is a WIP, written in go, by Bouffalo Labs to provide source for a flash utility.
- bl602tool is a Python utility in development.
- Bouffalo's Python Flash Loader is a new (Dec 02) flash loader by the makers of the chip.
- Bouffalo's image build smooshes code and adds headers for downloads.
- PineCone BL602 GitHub Page (PINE64 fork) has compilers, linkers, and all the code to build on Windows, Linux(x64), and MacOS.
- Bouffalo Lab GitHub Page
- BL602 Developer organize documentation GitHub Page
- BL602 Developer organize tool GitHub Page
- Programming tool for Bouffalo Labs BL602/BL604 chips
- BL602 reverse engineering working group
- Linux kernel module
- BL602 serial flasher
- Awesome bouffalo