The PINE H64 Model B is a Single Board Computer by PINE64. It is powered by an Allwinner “H6” Quad-Core ARM Cortex A53 64-Bit Processor with a MALI T-722 GPU. The PINE H64 is equipped with up to 3GB of LPDDR3 PC-1600 system memory and 128Mbit of SPI boot Flash. There is also an optional eMMC module (up to 128GB) and a microSD slot for booting. The board is equipped with an onboard 802.11n Wifi/BT chipset, one USB 3.0 host port, two USB 2.0 host ports, Gigabit Ethernet, a PI-2 GPIO bus, an Euler GPIO bus as well as many other peripheral device interfaces such as UART, SPI, and I2C.
There are two types of PINE H64 models:
- PINE H64 Model A (discontinued)
- PINE H64 Model B (this page)
The following releases are for the PINE H64 Model B
Armbian is a Linux distribution designed for ARM boards. They are usually Debian or Ubuntu flavored.
Manjaro is a user-friendly Linux distribution based on the independently developed Arch operating system. To learn more about Manjaro please visit the Manjaro Forum. Download:
DietPi is a lightweight yet easy to setup and feature-rich Linux distribution, based on Debian. To find out more about DietPi, please visit the official documentation. Discuss the PINE H64 build on the PINE64 forum thread.
- Debian 11 Bullseye (supports the microSD card and eMMC, 4GB or more)
- Debian 12 Bookworm (supports the microSD card and eMMC, 4GB or more)
LibreELEC is a "Just enough OS" Linux distribution combining the Kodi media center with an operating system.
- Daily builds (look for look for LibreELEC-H6.arm-xxx-nightly-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx-pine-h64-model-b.img.gz]
- Supports microSD card and eMMC boot
FreeBSD is an operating system used to power modern servers, desktops, and embedded platforms. To learn more about FreeBSD, please visit FreeBSD main page.
- See general information about FreeBSD on Allwinner ARM and specific details about creating a microSD card for the PINE H64
- FreeBSD supports booting from the microSD card
NetBSD is a free, fast, secure, and highly portable Unix-like Open Source operating system. To learn more about NetBSD please visit NetBSD main page.
- NetBSD supports booting from the microSD card
- Instructions concerning enabling SSH can be found here
|Root user and SSH|
SoC and Memory Specification
- Based on Allwinner H6
- Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 Processor@1488Mhz
- A power-efficient ARM v8 architecture
- 64 and 32bit execution states for scalable high performance
- Trustzone technology supported
- Support NEON Advanced SIMD (Single Instruction Multiple Data) instruction for acceleration of media and signal processing function
- Support Large Physical Address Extensions(LPAE)
- VFPv4 Floating Point Unit
- 32KB L1 Instruction cache and 32KB L1 Data cache
- 512KB L2 cache
- ARM Mali T-720MP2 Dual-core GPU
- Supports OpenGL ES 3.1/3.0/2.0/1.1, OpenCL 1.2/1.1
- Supports ATSC (Adaptive Scalable Texture Compression)
- Supports FAST(4x)FSAA, IO Coherency
- Floating point operation greater than 70 GFLOPS
- RAM Memory Variants: 1GB, 2GB, and 3GB LPDDR3.
- Storage Memory: PINE H64 boards have built-in 128Mb SPI Flash memory, use bootable eMMC module, bootable microSD Cards or USB attached storage.
- Digital Video 4KP60 (Type A - full)
- 3.5mm stereo earphone/microphone plug
- 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac with Bluetooth 4.0/4.1
- MHF1 RF coaxial connector for external BT/wifi antenna
- microSD - bootable, support SDHC and SDXC, storage up to 256GB
- USB - 1 USB3.0 Host port and 2 USB2.0 Host port
- RTC - Real Time Clock Battery Connector
- Wifi/BT Module Header - SDIO 3.0 and UART
- 2x20 pins "Pi2" GPIO Header
- 3x3 pins "EXT" Header giving console, power switch and reset switch access
- The console UART is available on the 6-pin header connector between the HDMI and headphone jacks. The pins are on the front row, closer to the board's edge: TX, RX, GND, from left (HDMI) to right (headphone).
- The default standard is 8,n,1 at 115200bps.
Information, Schematics and Certifications
- Board Dimensions: 85mm x 56mm x 18.8mm
- Input Power: DC 5V @ 3A, 3.5mm OD/ 1.35mm ID DC jack connector
PINE H64 board schematics:
PINE H64 Model B certification:
Datasheets for Components and Peripherals
- Allwinner H6 SoC information:
- X-Powers AXP805 PMU (Power Management Unit) information:
- LPDDR3 (178 Balls) SDRAM:
- eMMC information:
- SPI NOR Flash information:
- Ethernet PHY information:
- Wifi/BT module information:
- Remote control button mapping
32-bit Wayland MALI Driver:
- MALI EULA document
- MALI-T720 32-bit server binary driver and binary download from pine64.org (3.4MB, MD5 F2186A4CAE505A76E0758735886FE682)
- MALI-T720 32-bit client binary driver and binary download from pine64.org (3.4MB, MD5 F316A78AFABE87E69C8F816D18F15D68)
64-bit Wayland MALI Driver:
- MALI EULA document
- MALI-T720 64-bit server binary driver and binary download from pine64.org (5.0MB, MD5 13CC8DCB7CF068D80DFC16281E95E9D7)
- MALI-T720 64-bit client binary driver and binary download from pine64.org (5.0MB, MD5 951BAD6ED66D4CB904CFE0D65F2855E8)
Linux BSP SDK
Linux BSP Kernel 4.9
- Direct download from pine64.org (5.04GB, MD5 of the TAR-XZ file 06B675B1C217D4CC6A21FF320DA250C1)
Android Pie 9.0 SDK version 1.0
- Direct download from pine64.org (29.14GB, MD5 of the TAR-XZ file 734B4DBB03CAF82A4E955F7E83DE0C65)